- Where to incorporate?
- How to negotiate with a VC?
- How to set up the founding team?
- How to protect your IP?
- Shall you hire employees or just consultants?
- Who should be on your board of directors or board of advisors?
- How to give equity to your employees/consultants and how much?
Perkins Coie attorneys Zhanping Wu and Kai Zhu will answer these key questions faced by an entrepreneur, provide practical advice on common issues, and share the pitfalls and traps for the unwary. The presentation aims to give you a basic understanding of the typical corporate structure for start-up companies in Silicon Valley. It will put you on the right track toward getting funding from angels and VCs. This presentation will be conducted in Chinese language with a follow-on Q&A session to facilitate discussion.
Time: 6:30pm – 8:30pm, April 9, Monday, 2012
Venue: Perkins Coie LLP’s Palo Alto Office, 3150 Porter Drive, Palo Alto
Registration (seats limited to 40): Free online registration here.
· 6:30 – 6:45 pm: Registration and Networking (with Refreshments)
. 6:45 – 7:00 pm: Welcome Speech by James Jensen, Partner, Emerging Companies Practice, Perkins Coin LLP
· 7:00 – 8:15 pm: Presentations by Zhanping Wu and Kai Zhu, Perkins Coie LLP
· 8:15 – 8:30 pm: Questions & Answers
· Perkins Coie LLP
· Shanghai Jiao Tong University Alumni Association in Silicon Valley (SJTU-SV)
· Fudan University Alumni Association of Northern California (FDAANC)
· United Chinese Alumni Association (UCAA)
Zhanping (Ping) Wu
Ping is a corporate attorney at Perkins Coie, focusing her practice on corporate matters related to emerging and growth companies. Ping was a top graduate of Peking University and received her J.D. from UC Davis School of Law. Her full bio can be found athttp://www.perkinscoie.com/zwu.
Kai Zhu, Ph.D
Kai is a USPTO-registered patent litigation attorney at Perkins Coie, focusing his practice on matters related to patents and trade secrets. Kai has degrees in electronic engineering, computer engineering, law, and economics. His full bio can be found athttp://www.perkinscoie.com/kzhu.
About Perkins Coie LLP
Perkins Coie LLP is a leading global full-service law firm, with 19 offices throughout the U.S. and in Beijing, Shanghai, and Taipei. Among many highly ranked practice areas, its Venture Capital practice received the sole “Law Firm of the Year” award from U.S. News in 2011, and its Patent/Patent Litigation practices have been consistently ranked as among the top 10 by Corporate Counsel, Intellectual Asset Management, and other leading trade magazines. Founded in 1912 in Seattle and having served Boeing for nearly a century for almost every legal matter, Perkins Coie will celebrate its centennial anniversary this year. Perkins Coie’s website is at http://www.perkinscoie.com.